Whiteville, NC –The Columbus County Sheriff’s Office Vice-Narcotics Unit arrested two individuals this morning as the result of a three month long, ongoing, investigation. This investigation was initiated as a result of numerous citizen complaints.
During the investigation, CCSO Vice-Narcotics Investigators completed multiple undercover purchases of heroin from Andrew Johnson. As a result, CCSO Vice-Narcotics Investigators obtained a search warrant for a residence in the 100 block of Greenfield Estates Road in Whiteville, Johnson’s residence. During the morning hours of April 26th, CCSO Vice-Narcotics Investigators executed the search warrant at Johnson’s residence. The residence was occupied by several individuals at the time of the search. CCSO Vice-Narcotics Investigators observed Kenyarta T. Smith flushing cocaine down a toilet. The cocaine was retrieved and Smith was arrested and charged. CCSO Vice-Narcotics Investigators located cocaine, heroin, MDPV, and two (2) firearms in Johnson’s possession. Johnson was arrested and charged.
This investigation is ongoing. Additional charges are forthcoming.
We promised Columbus County citizens that we would work diligently to rid our communities of narcotics and that is what we plan to do!
Andrew Johnson is being held on a $3,100,000.00 Secured Bond and faces the following charges:
- 1 Felony count of Maintaining Vehicle/Dwelling/Place for Use, Sale, or Storage of Controlled Substance
- 2 Felony counts of Possession of a Firearm by a Felon
- 1 Felony count of Possession with the Intent to Sell/Deliver Cocaine
- 1 Felony count of Possession with the Intent to Manufacture, Sell/Deliver Heroin
- 1 Felony count of Possession with the Intent to Manufacture, Sell/Deliver MDPV
- 2 Felony counts of Sell/Deliver Heroin
Kenyarta T. Smith is being held on a $50,000.00 Secured Bond and is being charged with felony count of possession with the intent to sell/deliver cocaine.